Let me partner with you and your team to enhance and enrich your practice culture and commitment to safety, efficiency and quality. Services may include, but are not limited to:
- Assess office physical spaces, with special attention to sterilization and reprocessing areas
- Evaluate your infection control products, supplies, and equipment
- Review and/or edit your existing infection control policies and practices to ensure compliance with CDS Guidelines and OSHA Regulations
- Offer broad range of detailed recommendations to mitigate risk and increase practice efficiency, standardization, compliance and change sustainability
- Review office antibiotic prescribing for alignment with current recommendations from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Dental Association (ADA), American Heart Association (AHA), and American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Offer concrete recommendations regarding additional resources as determined through in-depth assessment as detailed above.
Office consultation on CDC Guidelines
An office consultation would involve a presentation on CDC Guidelines for Infection Control in the Dental Setting and a discussion involving the infection control policies and practices within the facility. This consultation may be one-on-one with your infection control coordinator, the owner/dentist, or the entire dental team.
Mock Inspection of your dental facility
Areas of the dental practice would be observed and evaluated to include: reception room, patient care areas, personal protective equipment, infection control products and supplies, sterilization center, office manuals, waste storage area, hazard communication program and office manuals. The inspection will be followed by discussion and action items for dental team members.
Mock Inspection and tailored presentation
Mock inspection and presentation that has been tailored to your facility. This presentation would incorporate information acquired from the checklist assessment including areas that need further education and training AND a recognition of jobs well done!
Continuing Education Programs
Continuing Education programs for
dental associations, component groups, study clubs, dental schools to include:
- Annual OSHA Training that is a required by Federal OSHA. This training may be within individual office settings, multiple practices or as formal presentation.
- Infection Control workshop. In this interactive presentation, infection control supplies and products will be demonstrated and discussed. Much time for audience interaction, discussion and Q&A is allotted!
- Infection Control Update. This presentation will highlight updated information from the recent CDC publication, Summary of Infection Prevention Practices in Dental Settings and the scientific background behind infection control regulations will be emphasized.
- Top 10 OSHA Citations and how to prevent them! This course discusses the most commonly cited OSHA violations and provides valuable information on the regulatory requirements and offers practical suggestions on how the dental team can work together to ensure a mutually safe work environment for employees and patients
- Antibiotic Resistance in Dentistry. This hot topic presentation will address how antibiotic resistance occurs and the crucial need for a proper antibiotic stewardship program in dentistry.
- Emerging Infectious Diseases for dental health care professionals. In this course, examples of emerging diseases will be presented including viruses, antibiotic resistant and other bacteria that impact the delivery of oral health care.
- Instrument Processing Update. This course will describe the steps involved in cleaning, packaging, sterilizer loading and storage practices that are essential to ensure that instruments are safe for reuse. The focus will be on the selection and use of procedures and products that reinforce safety and maximize infection control goals.
- Dental Unit Waterline Update. This presentation will describe the nature and health implications of microbial biofilm formation in dental equipment and discuss current methods for remediation.
- A tailored presentation to fulfill YOUR compliance needs. If you have needs or concerns not addressed above, let me know. I’ll be happy to work with you to individualize a presentation to aid in infection prevention or compliance training for your group.
Note that rates are based on a per-client basis.
"Best OSHA class I've ever been to. Thank you."